YETI Tundra 35 Review
- Ice Retention
If you’re in the market for a cooler today, there are a lot of choices out there. YETI is a well-known brand of coolers and outdoor gears. They have made some premium quality and high performing coolers under their tundra series. There are different sizes of coolers ranging from small 35 quart to giant 350 quart on their tundra series. The smaller coolers are good for personal use while the large coolers are good for family trip. In this article we are going to review the smaller tundra 35 cooler. Hope this yeti tundra 35 review will help you take your decision easily.
The Tundra 35 is an ideal small size cooler which comes with a lot of features. On this yeti tundra 35 cooler review we will try to find out the good and bad side of this cooler. So, let’s check what makes this cooler better than the rest.
YETI Tundra 35 Review
The Yeti Tundra 35 is the smallest of the Tundra series. It is small and portable enough for only one person to haul. But it still have an impressive capacity of carrying up to 20 cans with a recommended ice to contents ratio of 2:1 and substantial amount of foods.
Cooler type: Hard Cooler
Best Use: Camping, Personal use
Outside Dimension: 21 x 16 x 15.5 inches
Empty Weight: 17 pounds.
This is a personal cooler or for one or two people depending on what you’re going to do. It’s built to stand against heavy pressure, preserve your foods and drinks for longer time, keep your foods away from bear and finally make you happy during your trip. Check the following video overview on YETI Tundra 35 Cooler:
The YETI Tundra coolers have a fat wall design that gives you extra thick walls that hold up to two inches of insulation. The PermaFrost insulation is injected with pressure which ensures that the inside temperature will not influenced by outside the temperature.
The cooler includes cold gasket lock. What it does is it helps keep the heat out and it makes your ice and maintain a lot longer. It also has an inner light lid system. There’s a lip that could protrude from the body section and it fits right into the lid just like a glove helping to create that seal and therefore keep your ice a lot longer. The amount of time that ice stays in this cooler is two to three days which is great for short camping.
Check YETI Tundra 35 Cooler Ice Retention test:
YETI suggest that you pre cool your items before you put them into the cooler and use dry ice and then you’ll get the longest use out of your ice realistically. It’s really necessary to pack your cooler perfectly in order to get maximum ice retention. YETI Coolers are compatible with dry ice. So, you should use dry ice on it because it provides great cooling power. Another important thing is, the ice will not stay longer if you open the cooler frequently. So, you should be careful on using this during your trip.
Design and Construction Materials
All YETI Cooler comes with roto-molded polyethylene construction which ensures long-lasting durability and excellent impact resistance. The Extra-thick walls are built with PermaFrost insulation which is injected with pressure. It gives the cooler an excellent resistance to the outside temperatures. It’s very rugged. When you get this in your hands you can feel it. The cooler is strong enough that you can stand on this and get a little more height to see what you want to see. It can also be used as a seat. So if you’re going to bring something cold to drink with you, you don’t have to worry about bringing a chair with you. Because you can use that. The Yeti tundra 35 is designed to be carried a few different ways.
During this yeti tundra 35 review, we’ve found some features. Let’s check the features that Yeti equips in their tundra coolers:
- Color Variations: The YETI Tundra 35 comes with 5 different colors – ice blue, desert tan, le coral, pink and white.
- T-Rex Latch Handles: The t-rex latch handles are used to secure the lid down onto the body. They’re made of rubber. They’re very durable and long-lasting.
- Dry-Goods Basket: All tundra models come standard one dry-goods basket. If you want to have something that’s you don’t want it to get wet or you don’t want submerged in ice or water, this dry-goods basket will help you keep them dry. It is very handy and fits right into another molded design. There’s a molded lip inside the cooler so that that this sits right. This is very heavy gauge metal and it is not pliable, will not Bend. This is very sturdy.
- Tie-down Spots: Only either side of the cooler you have an area where you can fit a tie-down via a strap and still be able to close the lid and not worry about affecting your seal in any way.
- Bear Resistant: This is bear resistant, so it’s nice. You can actually put a lock on the outside of the cooler and this way there’s nothing to worry about bears getting inside if you’re going somewhere where there happen to be bears in the area.
- Never-fail Hinge System: There are two hinge pins and an interlocking design which make this cooler very tough and very durable. This is a very tough lid and hinge system does not feel cheaply made in law.
- Vortex Drain System: The drain plug is made for easy and quick cleaning of the cooler. It has a nice rubber gasket. This is a very rugged design and the hole is big enough that you can drain your cooler quickly.
- Replaceable: Another good thing about YETI cooler is that, a lot of parts here on the Yeti are replaceable.
- Lip Grip Handles: It has what Yeti calls these lip grip handles that are molded into the body and you can pick it up easily and carry it comfortably.
- Double Hull Handles: It has double hull handles which is made with military-grade nylon and you and someone else can carry this cooler easily.
- Non-slip Feet: This is a very stable cooler as non-slip feet on there. So it doesn’t slide around easily very sturdy you can stand on it without any issues at all very tough very adorable.
- Warranty: This Tundra 35 cooler comes with 5 years warranty. The warranty is available only in the United States.
The most possible downside of YETI Tundra 35 is the high price. This small size cooler costs little higher than other. Since YETI is a premium brand, you will get the best of the price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where YETI Coolers are made?
A. YETI Tundra coolers are manufactured in the United States.
Q. Where to Buy YETI Tundra 35?
A. You can purchase this Tundra 35 directly from YETI website, or purchase it at the best price from Amazon. YETI has several dealers in United States and worldwide, you can also purchase from them.
Q. How long does it take to proceed an order?
A. Normally, it takes 1-5 business days to proceed an order and will take 1-7 days to complete the shipment.
Q. Is There any Refund Policy?
A. Yes, YETI Offers 30 day refund policy on their products. If you’re returning an item after the 30 days period but within 60 days, you may be able to exchange the item for another YETI item which is equal to the product or have greater value.
The Bottom Line
Purchasing a cooler is like a long term investment if you are able to pick the right cooler. Hope this yeti tundra 35 review will help you to take your decision. YETI coolers are an ideal option for people who looks for quality and performance. The Tundra 35 is small size cooler having a lot of storage capacity. This is an ideal cooler for personal use. You can use it also on two or three person trip. Having a lot of features and good insulation capacity, this cooler comes with a premium price. But if you are looking for quality, this will be a good investment.
Check our all YETI Cooler Reviews
Last update on 2018-07-05 at 17:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API