Are you planning for a camping trip on a campsite or river? Do you need something to keep your snacks and beers cold for the whole trip? Then you are going to need a portable cooler.
Finding the best small size personal cooler is extremely important for every outdoorsman. Like most people, you perhaps want a sturdy and durable cooler that can be used on your camping trip without any worry.
There’s a wide range of small cooler available on market. Today we are going to review the Roadie 20 Cooler from YETI. This is the smallest hard cooler in YETI’s store. It comes with a lot of features. In this YETI Roadie 20 review we will try to find out what’s good and bad on this cooler. Hope this will help you to know whether it fulfills your needs or not.
YETI Roadie 20 Review
YETI is a premium brand of cooler and other outdoor gears. The Roadie 20 comes with a premium price tag. So, if you are looking for cheap ice cooler, this is not the ideal option for you. If you love to have a heavy duty roto molded cooler for your everyday camping trip, YETI coolers are perfect for you.
YETI Roadie 20 is the smallest portable cooler from YETI. It is made with the same materials used in their Tundra series cooler. The cooler is made especially for the people who love to keep their drinks cool on camping, fishing or other outdoor trips. The top-graded materials used in Roadie 20 cooler makes it indestructible for daily use.
- Dimensions: 19 x 14 x 15 inches
- Weight: 15.98 pounds
- Capacity: 14 cans (2:1 ice-to-contents ratio)
- Ice Retention: 5+ days
- Colors: White, Desert Tan, IceBlue
- Warranty: 5 years
The first thing you should know that the YETI coolers are not labeled like other most coolers. If you purchase ORCA 20 cooler, you will get exactly 20 quarts of capacity from that. But in YETI, the model doesn’t indicate the capacity of a cooler.
The Roadie 20 doesn’t indicate 20 quart capacity of this cooler. So, don’t be confused. This 20 is just a model number. Actually, this is a 5.2-gallon cooler that can hold up to 14 cans of beer or 20 pounds of ice. The recommended ice to content ratio is 2:1. The dimensions are 19 x 14 x 15 inches and empty weight is 16 lbs.
YETI Roadie 20 Video Overview:
Let’s be frank on this point. The Roadie can’t hold ice for too long like its top competing brands ORCA and Pelican. But the performance is still good enough for any individuals use. The thick insulation and perfectly sealed lid ensure the maximum ice retention that you need for multiple days trip. You can expect around 4 days of ice retention if the cooler is loaded properly. For the most outdoorsman, this 4 days insulation is more than good enough to keep their stuff cold and make the trip successful.
YETI Roadie 20 Ice Test:
This is the strongest side of YETI. The company uses the best quality materials on their cooler. The Roadie is made of the same quality materials as Tundra cooler. You don’t have to think about the durability of YETI’s cooler. The robust construction of Roadie 20 makes the cooler indestructible. All the high-end materials ensure that the cooler will last long. The metal handle on the top is very convenient to grip and carry the cooler. The handle is quite strong too.
Finally, the rotomolded construction, T-Rex Lid Latches, and military-grade hardware ensure the durability of years without having any break. YETI is very much confident on their product. That’s why they are providing 5 years of warranty to the Roadie. So, purchasing the Roadie will be the safest investment for anyone.
Let’s talk about some of the key features of this Roadie 20:
- The Roadie comes with roto-molded construction which makes the outer shield indestructible.
- PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design ensure the longest ice retention.
- The no-sweat design of this cooler keeps the exterior nice and dry.
- There is what YETI called Vortex Drain System which makes the draining super easy.
- The Roadie is certified bear resistant cooler.
- Strong steel handle for easy grip and carrying.
- Like the Tundra series, it has T-Rex Lid Latches which is constructed of heavy-duty rubber. This prevents the breaking or falling off the cooler.
- The cooler comes with 3 different colors – White, Desert Tan, and IceBlue.
- YETI provides 5 years of warranty for this cooler.
The YETI Roadie 20 comes with long-lasting materials that ensure the durability of this cooler. Along with a lot of features, there are some downsides that you have to consider when purchasing. We want to help you know the exact facts about the Roadie. Followings are some of the downsides that we found during our yeti roadie 20 review:
- Expensive: As you know that, YETI is a premium brand. All of the products from YETI comes with a big price tag. The Roadie 20 comes with a premium price too. If you compare the price of Roadie 20 with other small size coolers, you will notice a huge price difference between YETI and other popular brands. This cooler may not economically-friendly. But if you compare the features and quality, the Roadie 20 definitely worth the price. Purchasing this small size cooler can be a lifetime investment for you.
- Weight: The cooler becomes heavy when it loaded with foods and drinks. Since this is a small personal cooler, you will be carrying this at your own. So, this might be a problem for some people. Therefore, the metal handle makes the cooler hard to carry when full. Before purchasing you should consider this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Buy Roadie?
If you are in a market of a cooler, there’s a wide range of brands offering various types of cooler. YETI Roadie 20 is a small and portable cooler made for personal use. The first reason why you should buy YETI products is – the quality. YETI coolers are made from heavy-duty materials. This indicates durability and the products are proven to last. If you are looking for a portable and long-lasting cooler for your personal use, you should buy Roadie 20.
Q. Who Should Buy the Roadie?
The Roadie 20 is designed for the people who want to enjoy their day-trips with fresh foods and cold drinks in a smaller package. If you are looking for a personal cooler and portability is your first requirement, this is the perfect choice for you. It is perfect for camping, fishing, boating or any kind of water trips.
Q. Where to Buy the Roadie?
The Roadie 20 is definitely a great alternative to the small portable cooler. The big brand YETI perfectly engineered this portable cooler for personal use. All the top quality materials indicate great insulation and durability of this cooler. Since the price of Roadie is very high, the features and performance worth the price. If you are an avid outdoorsman, you must need this type of cooler. And purchasing the roadie will be a lifetime investment for you.
We always recommend investing in premium and quality cooler. Although these coolers are expensive, they will last long for sure and give you the best outdoor experience by keeping your food and drinks cold for a long time. Therefore, investing in a premium cooler like YETI, Pelican or ORCA is a lifetime investment. Once you purchase anything from these well-known brand you will never need to worry about the product.
The Roadie 20, without a doubt, is one of the best performing cooler for personal use. Since it comes with highly durable roto-molded construction, it will last long for sure and give you the best possible ice retention. Although the price is little higher, the features and long-lasting insulation worth the price for sure. We highly recommend this small cooler for your personal use.
If this YETI Roadie 20 review is not sufficient for you, feel free to check some real customer review here. Hope this will help you to take your decision more easily.