Lifetime High Performance Cooler Review
Lifetime has been in business for years. They usually manufacture various products like – chairs, tables, basketball equipment, patio furniture, and even water sports items. Recently they came out with a series of coolers. While premium brands are dominating the market, these inexpensive but high performing coolers from Lifetime are doing great.
In this Lifetime cooler review, we are going to talk about the features, benefits, and problems of Lifetime coolers so that you can easily point out whether these coolers are worth buying or not.
So, let’s get to it.
Lifetime Cooler Review
When you are shopping for a new cooler, you probably find a lot of fancy and expensive options available in the market. Lifetime is not actually a cooler brand like YETI or RTIC. They recently joined to the cooler market with their High-Performance cooler series. These coolers are specially designed to compete with the premium cooler range. Ensuring the minimum price, Lifetime tried to utilize all the features that people usually expect from a cooler.
Cooler Line Up
Like most cooler brands, Lifetime doesn’t have the complete range of coolers to offer. Currently, they have 4 different sizes of coolers available on their store– 28-quart, 55-quart, 65-quart, and 77-quart. Before moving further, let’s take a look at each of the coolers:
01. Lifetime 28-Quart Cooler
24 new from $91.19
out of stock
This 28-quart small cooler from Lifetime is a compact solution for your everyday use. It is great for taking your lunch, drinks, and snacks to anywhere you want to go.
- The best part about this cooler is that it is almost 100% leak-proof. Lifetime uses rubber gasket on inside the lid which ensures no airflow inside the cooler.
- The walls are well insulated to give you up to 5-days of ice retention during your outdoor trip.
- There is a stainless-steel handle that provides comfort on carrying the cooler by a single person.
- Unlike the large size cooler of Lifetime, this one is extremely tough.
- Additionally, there is a stainless-steel bottle opener and a built-in padlock system.
- Unfortunately, there is no drain plug included in this cooler. So you may face some difficulties in cleaning it.
Read Also: Lifetime 28 Quart Cooler Review
02. Lifetime 55-Quart Cooler
12 new from $117.32
out of stock
This is the most selling cooler on Lifetime’s store. It comes with heavy-duty polyethylene construction. The internal volume is 55-quart. So you can keep a good amount of food and drinks inside this cooler. People who are looking for a good performing medium-size cooler within a tight budget, this can be a good fit for them.
- Lifetime advertises that this cooler can hold ice for up to 7-days. During our research, we found that most people get around 4-6 days of ice retention from this cooler.
- The cooler can hold up to 60 cans with ice.
- Lifetime uses nylon rope handles on each side to make the cooler comfortable to carry. However, it cannot be carried by a single person when fully loaded.
- The cooler includes an easy-to-drain spout which is garden hose compatible. So, there will be no issue with cleaning the cooler.
- It comes with a built-in bottle opener.
- Though the cooler performs very well in ice retention, it is not 100% leakproof.
03. Lifetime 65-Quart Cooler
1 new from $374.98
This is the latest addition to Lifetime’s store. The 65-quart Lifetime cooler is a little larger than the previous one. If you need more space to preserve more items for multiple-day trips, this can be a good option for you.
- This cooler is also made of heavy-duty polyethylene construction.
- The internal volume is 65-quart (61.5 liters) which is good enough to preserve plenty of items for a family trip.
- Lifetime has improved the seal and this cooler holds ice extremely well than the previous one.
- It is also lightweight and there are nylon rope handles for easy carrying.
- There is a drain plug for quick draining and cleaning the cooler.
04. Lifetime 77-Quart Cooler
13 new from $185.09
The Lifetime 77-quart cooler is specially designed for the campers, hunters, and adventurers who are planning to go on a long trip. It offers plenty of space to preserve a lot of items for several days.
- This is also constructed using heavy-duty polyethylene materials.
- According to Lifetime, this cooler can hold ice for up to 9 days. But during our research, we found that most people were able to get around 4-7 days of insulation from this cooler.
- Despite being a large size cooler, it is very lightweight. There are nylon rope handles on both side So, you will not face any big trouble while transporting this cooler.
- Like the previous one, this cooler also includes an easy-to-drain spout for easy and quick cleaning.
- The built-in bottle opener might be a useful feature for most people.
Let’s start the Lifetime cooler review by evaluating the ice retention capacity of these cooler.
Ice Retention Capacity
Lifetime coolers are inexpensive alternatives to YETI. Lifetime uses superior materials to provide extreme insulation. The coolers are made of heavy-duty polyethylene construction to provide maximum ice retention time. Lifetime uses a rubber gasket to ensure no airflow inside the cooler. The smallest 28-quart Lifetime cooler is almost 100% leakproof and provides good insulation. Other models are also good at holding ice. However, during our research we found the following ice retention time on each of the Lifetime coolers:
- 28-Quart: 3-5 days.
- 55-Quart: 4-6 days.
- 65-Quart: 4-6 days.
- 77-Quart: 4-7 days.
Ice retention time depends on a lot of factors. If you can pack the cooler perfectly and use it in the proper way, you can expect to have maximum ice retention time from these coolers.
YETI coolers are the best in terms of ice retention time. Check our YETI cooler review for more details.
Lifetime coolers are strong enough to carry anywhere you want. The company uses urethane, polypropylene, and polyethylene materials on the body. The smallest 28-quart cooler includes stainless-steel handle and other model includes nylon rope handles. The lid is strong enough to sit or stand. The latches are also well built and provide easy opening and closure. Overall, Lifetime coolers are durable and ready to withstand in any condition.
Pelican coolers are the strongest and durable cooler in the market. Check our Pelican cooler review for more details.
For easy and comfortable carrying, Lifetime uses several carrying options to their coolers. The small 28-quart cooler comes with stainless-steel handle which is good for carrying it by individuals. On other models, Lifetime uses durable nylon rope handles which is also good for carrying the cooler by two people. The coolers are well-engineered to prevent sliding around. There are rubber pads on the feet which always prevents sliding when you place the cooler on flat on the floor.
Followings are some of the features of Lifetime coolers:
- Certified Bear Resistant Cooler: Lifetime coolers are certified to bear-resistant and can withstand a bear for up to one Hour.
- Leakproof Cooler: The 28-quart Lifetime cooler is almost 100% leakproof and provides good insulation.
- Integrated Bottle Opener: Each cooler comes with an integrated bottle opener which is very useful for any outdoor trip.
- 5-years warranty: Each cooler comes with a 5-year warranty which is also a good feature. You have to register your cooler on the company’s website after purchasing to claim the warranty. Additionally, the company is offering lifetime customer service for the coolers.
This is the best part about Lifetime Coolers. You must love the price of a lifetime cooler. You will get almost the same quality, ice retention, and features from these coolers at more than $100 cheaper than the premium coolers.
People who are looking for a good performing cooler at a very tight budget, Lifetime coolers can be the best option for them. You will get the best value for the money.
Downsides of Lifetime Coolers
Every product has some limitation and the same is with Lifetime. Before concluding the review, we want to mention the downsides of these coolers.
- Limited Design and Color Options: There are only 4 models available and you will not find color variations on these coolers.
- No Dry Food Basket Included: There is no basket included with these cooler. So, if you want to preserve your foods inside these cooler, you have to purchase the dry food basket separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where Lifetime coolers are made?
Lifetime coolers are made in the USA.
Q. Where to buy Lifetime cooler?
Q. Are there any wheels on these coolers?
No, there are no wheels on these cooler.
Lifetime coolers are great for people who are searching for good quality but inexpensive coolers. The features and overall performance of these cooler are impressive, especially considering the price. For real customer reviews, feel free to check Lifetime cooler review on Amazon.